Alim | Alima Course
Please thoroughly read all of the details on this page, then fill out the application form in the next step.
Is this course right for me?
You have a strong will and desire to transform your life and lead others to transformation.
You are ready for a long term commitment to acquiring Islamic Higher Education
You need a part-time learning program, due to your busy work/life schedule.
What will I learn?
Tajweed (Skill of reciting the Qur’an correctly)
Fiqh and Usul Fiqh (Jurisprudence of Hanafi Fiqh)
Tareekh and Seerah (History and life of Prophet Muhammad pbuh)
Sciences and Methodology of Quran
Science and Methodology of Hadith
Tafseer (Quranic Exegesis)
Study of the six authentic works of Hadith (Sihah Sitta)
What will I get out of it?
A sound understanding of the Qur’anic and Hadith Sciences.
Appropriate tools to access and navigate classical texts.
Be able to understand complex issues pertaining to Jurisprudence, Creed, and other sciences of Islam.
Be able to contextualize Islamic teachings into western society.
Granted an ijazah (recognition) to teach the Islamic sciences.
Issued with an unbroken chain of hadith transmission isnad.
Attain companionship of scholars and other students of knowledge, and those who strive hard to implement the teachings of the Quran and Sunnah and benefit from them directly while studying.
Be motivated to implement and spread the Deen of Allah in their own life and guide others also.
What is the selection criteria?
Students must meet the following requirements to be considered for this course.
At least 16 years of age
Ready for long term commitment
Ability to read Quran
Fluent in English
Able to meet financial commitments
Course will be delivered in English and Arabic.
7 Years Part Time
Mens Classes: Sun | Mon | Tues | Thurs
Womens Classes: Mon | Tues | Wed | Thurs
Mens Classes: 7.30 PM – 9.30 PM AEST
Womens Classes: 10 AM – 12 PM AEST
According to Victorian School Holidays
4 Payments of $350 AUD per year
Invoices can be paid via Bank Transfer | Credit Card | Paypal
- Attend all lessons punctually, adhering to the beginning and end times.
- Notify the teacher of any planned absence more than 24 hours prior to class.
- Only take a maximum of 1-day absence per month.
- Absences exceeding the maximum amount will require approval from the teacher.
- Take responsibility to cover missed content in the case of absence.
- Absences without notification may result in an enrolment review.
- Absences exceeding the maximum amount without approval may result in an enrolment review.
- Pay fees on time. The term fee should be paid outright at the beginning of the Victorian school term dates.
- In the case of hardship, students must notify the student support co-ordinator to facilitate an alternative arrangement.
- The fees do not reflect teaching time. It will be payable regardless of official holidays, individual absence or class cancellation.
- If significant classes have been canceled due to circumstances, the term fees may be adjusted accordingly.
- Fees do not cover the cost of books and other printed materials.
- Term fees are non-refundable.
- The Islamic spirit of learning must be reflected in the conduct and etiquette of students.
- Adopt the Islamic dress code.
- Show respect towards the Institute, its teachers, staff, and other students.
- Switch off or keep mobile phones on silent during lessons.
- Harassment, discrimination, and offensive material of any form will not be tolerated. Appropriate measures will be taken.
- Any form of illegal activity may result in enrolment being revoked. Illegal activity will be reported to relevant authorities.
- Complete all required classwork, including memorization.
- Be prepared with the required material for every class.
- Complete all required homework.
- Complete all individual reading allocated during the holiday period.
Adhere to the E-Learning policies, procedures and guidelines set out by Al-Ihsan Institute.n School Holidays